Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jeron e-mailed this to me

1. Were you named after anyone?
My parents named me after both of my grandfathers. In my mom's case, that would be her step-father. I met my biological grandfather when I was 13 or 14 and discovered what I knew to be true already: Woodrow, my step-grandfather, is my real grandfather.

2. When was the last time you cried?
A couple of weeks ago, in the confessional.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
No, but I'm unwilling to put in the effort to change it.

4. What is your favorite lunchmeat?
Hillshire Farm ™ Deli Select Brown Sugar Baked Ham.

5. Do you have kids?
No, but I do have certain anatomical features which are necessary in begetting them. Alas! I'm uninterested in the necessary-to-procreate anatomical features of the female of the species, and will therefore never have children.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Since I don't know this hypothetical alter-ego, I can't really answer that question.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
I don't think so.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
As far as I know, I still have all my parts!

9. Would you bungee jump?
That depends—am I under pain of death if I don't bungee jump?

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Basic 4™. Either that or Fruity Pebbles™ with Nestle Strawberry Milk™. Or Cookie Crisp™ with half-and-half.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No, my shoes are into bondage.

12. Do you think you are strong?
To quote the Princess Buttercup (I love that movie!): "Only compared to some."

13. What is your favorite ice cream?
What indeed?

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Guys—hair (probably because I'm balding). Girls—face.

15. Favorite US city?
Have to say the Detroit metro area because this is the only place I've lived, and is therefore the only place I'm familiar with.

16. What do you like least about yourself?
The stretch marks on my belly.

17. Who do you miss the most?
That super-hottie Dean Cain. Never met him, but boy do I miss him! No, really, in all seriousness, I miss my friends Matt B. and Steve F. the most.

18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you?
Since I'm posting this on my blog, this question is irrelevant.

19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
I'm not wearing clothes, heh heh!*

20. What was the last thing you ate?
A sugar cookie with blue frosting and "patriotic" sprinkles.

21. What are you listening to right now?
A cricket chirping in the driveway.

22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I would like to be some cheerful, heart-warming color. Suggestions, anyone?

23. Favorite smells?
An acre of lilacs in full bloom in the early morning. Fresh cedar chips. Vanilla.

24. Who was the last person you talked with on the phone?
My friend Marty.

25. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I don't know him very well, but so far I do.

26. Favorite sports to watch?
Male swimming and gymnastics competitions. And real wrestling. And men's beach volleyball. And Aussie Rules Football.

27. Hair color?
Light brown, just a few shades away from blonde.

28. Eye color?
Blue.

29. Do you wear contacts?
No.

30. Favorite food?
Hmm. Don’t know. I like the shrimp chips at Thai restaurants. Lentil soup, hummus, and fattoush from Mediterranean places. Chinese: crab Rangoon. Mexican: tacos. Soul: black-eye peas with ham hocks and corn bread. "Whitey" food: Orange glazed salmon with rice pilaf and asparagus.

31. Scary movies or happy endings?
If by scary you mean slasher flicks, you can keep them! They're so cliché, they drive me crazy. And they leave nothing to the imagination. Give me the old black-and-whites of, say, Village of the Damned or Psycho—something that keeps my sub-conscious at work, making me feel eerie and suspenseful. Comedies are good, too.

32. Last movie you watched?
The Mostly Unfabulous Life of Ethan Green. Or maybe it was Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

33. What color shirt are you wearing?
See the answer to question 19.

34. Summer or winter?
Spring and fall.

35. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs because I'm not supposed to do that kind of kissing, what with the chastity thing and all.

36. Favorite dessert?
Don't have one.

37. Most likely to respond?
See question-and-answer 18.

38. Least likely to respond?
See question-and-answer 18.

39. What book are you reading right now?
1. The book of Sirach. (Second time reading it)
2. Reparative Therapy of Male Homosexuality: A New Clinical Approach – Dr. Joseph Nicolosi
3. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (Third time reading it)
4. How to Read a Book – Mortimer Adler
5. The Iliad
6. The Consequences of IdeasDr. R.C. Sproul
7. Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America – Mike Yankoski (Second time)
8. Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen
9. The book of First Samuel (at least the sixth time)
10. Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati: An Ordinary Christian – Maria Di Lorenzo
11. The Battle for Normality: A Guide for (Self-) Therapy for Homosexuality – Gerard J.M. van den Aardweg, Ph.D.
12. Poirot Investigates – Agatha Christie (fourth time)
13. Bruchko: The Astonishing True Story of a 19-year-old American – His Capture by the Motilone Indians and His Adventures in Christianizing the Stone Age TribeBruce Olson (Third time)
14. A Student's Guide to Liberal Learning – James V. Schall (Fifth time)
15. Finding God at Harvard - Kell Monroe Kullberg, editor

40. What is on your mouse pad?
I don't have a mousepad.

41. What did you watch on TV last night?
I don't own a TV.

42. Favorite sound?
Some of my favorite sounds: flowing water, the cries of mourning doves, babies laughing, Gregorian chant

43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Enya, Moby, Charlie Peacock, Bach, Mozart, R.E.M., Twila Paris

44. Where is the furthest you have been from home?
Haiti, from August 7-14, 1995. My friend Dan and I went to work with a mission there.

45. Do you have a special talent?
Not that I'm aware. Well, maybe. When I was four years old it took me all of fifteen minutes to learn how to read at a second grade level.

46. Where were you born?
Wyandotte General Hospital, Wyandotte, MI

47. Who's answers are you looking forward to?
Now that I've reached the end, I've decided to tag Steve and David. Anyone else who wishes to consider him- or herself tagged may do so.


*Just got out of the shower.

2 comments:

Steve said...

You really gave that some thought!

Steve said...

Ok first of all I LOVE Twila and Susan ashton too. and yes i do watch wayyyy too much tv but then I would have never watched Dr. Who. What a cool show. I'm glad they gave it another try.