Sunday, August 26, 2007

Not a Meme

Found this over at Leave Your Head at the Door. I'm ripping off most of his post, even his title!

Grab the book that is closest to you.

Open it to page 161.

Find the fifth full sentence.

Post the text of the sentence.

Don't search around for the coolest or most impressive book you have: use the one that really is closest to you.

"In other words, there was a split between external and internal piety."

from Finding God at Harvard: Spiritual Journeys of Thinking Christians. InterVarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL. ISBN 978-0-8308-3433-4

I'm reading it, and you should too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you want me to quote from the American Educational Institute's Workers' Compensation Claims Law manuals. *** YAWN ***

Charles Woodrow said...

You're really not going for the coolest book, huh?

Anonymous said...

I thought it said "closest?"

Charles Woodrow said...

It does. I was merely emphasizing your strict adherence to the rules :-)

When I did my quote, I almost had to use the dictionary, but my handy-dandy measuring tape showed me that Finding God at Harvard was 3/8 of an inch closer to me.

Okay, I made that up. Finding God was the only book close to me at the time.