Thursday, October 25, 2007

Comical Interlude

I posted this over at Adoro te Devote, and thought I'd post a modified form of it here, as well.

A story from my childhood. Do you remember the Looney-Toons in which Bugs Bunny or some other character is placed in a pot to cook? While the Bugs is standing there, the cannibal (or whoever) would chop up potatoes and carrots and throw them into the pot, too. Eventually Bugs realizes he's dinner and gets out of the pot (and usually run for his life). When my sister and I were very young, we thought these cooking cartoons were very funny. Now, my dad used to fall asleep in the bathtub quite often. On one particular day, he did so, and had forgotten to lock the door. My sister and I found him and, inspired by these 'toons, we filled the tub with little plastic animals (our version of the potatoes and carrots). He woke up when we started stirring the water with plastic bowling pins. He asked us, "What are you doing?" We replied, "We're cooking you, Daddy." He never forgot to lock the door again!

3 comments:

Adoro said...

ROFL! Thank you, I've been laughing about this story all day, although I couldn't comment earlier.

"We're cooking you, Daddy!"

Charles Woodrow said...

I reminded my sister of this incident. She says our dad woke up when we decided the water wasn't hot enough to cook him and burned his foot when we tried using the faucet to warm it up.

The Sheepcat said...

Heh! Cute story.