Friday, October 5, 2007

Saint Francis of Assisi

He's one of my heroes and one of my patron saints. I just found this quote by him: "Each one should confidently make known his need to the other, so that he might find what he needs and minister to him. And each one should love and care for his brother in all those things in which God will give him grace, as a mother loves and cares for her son."

Brothers and sisters who read this blog (I don't think there are very many of you), inspired by this statement I make known to you that I need your prayers to live chastely and to use my financial resources wisely with a glad and generous heart. If you'd like me to pray for specific things in your life, e-mail me (via my profile page). I'll be happy to return the favor of your prayers.

P.S. Don't forget to pray for the Unreached and the unborn!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holding you up in prayer

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

You are in my prayers. I love that quote from St. Francis, thanks for sharing!

Charles Woodrow said...

Thanks to both of you. Your prayers are appreciated.

Jeron, it's too long. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll e-mail (but chances don't look good!).

Jennifer F., I'm surprised and pleased that you visit my blog! You write so much better than I that I never expected to hold your interst beyond the day I commented on your site! Thanks for reading!

Charles Woodrow said...

Oops! Jeron, that should read "It's been too long."

p8 said...

Hey Woodrow!

I love the quote, and St. Francis himself, being in formation as a Secular Franciscan (and having his name as part of my baptismal name).

And I will be praying for you, and ask prayers for me, a sinner, too.

Having spent 20 years as an Evangelical, I frequently prayed through Operation World, and I love all your emphasis on the unreached. I remember a class I took on missions while attending a Southern Baptist seminary; the professor told us that in the early days of SBC missions, the work was thought of as divided between "Pagan Fields" and "Papal Fields". Apparently, us Papists were thought as unreached as the Pagans! Ah, well...

Peace and all good,

Frank