Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Meme I got...

...from EveTushnet:

Pick ten passages (I'm including individual verses as well) from the Bible which are especially meaningful or striking to you.

One:
Psalm 139
To the chief musician. A Psalm of David. (For some reason Crosswalk doesn;t include the title of the psalms in most of the Bible versions. It drives me crazy.)

Currently memorizing this one. God sees me deeply. I don't understand my thoughts sometimes, but God does. There is not a word on my tongue, but He knows it already. I need Him to search every nook and cranny in me so any evil or sinful thing can be brought into His light and cleansed by Jesus' blood.

Two:
Philippians 2:5-11

I remember saying this with 20,000 other Christians at Urbana '96. What an experience of Heaven that was! Sometimes I miss the unity I used to feel with my Evangelical brothers. I was ignorant of the consequences of the great divisions that keep Catholics and Evangelicals apart. Being in the Church is worth it, though. And I can't wait for reconciliation between the "daughter communities" who came out of the Reformation, some of them very rebellious, and Holy Mother Church.

Three:
Revelation 3:14-22

This passage convicts me because I live in Laodicea so much of the time. May God have mercy on me, a sinner.

Four:
I Corinthians 6:9-11

There's hope for me, too!

Five:
Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission as given in Matthew's Gospel. But what I want to concentrate on is this little phrase: "…they worshipped Him; but some doubted." I doubt sometimes, too, even while worshipping.

Six:
Mark 9:24

Same reason as above

Seven:
II Maccabees 1:1-6

I like that they told the other Jews they were praying for them, and what their prayers were.

Eight:
Hebrews 13:3

It convicts me—remember those Christians who don't have as much freedom, food, and fellowship as you. Remember! Remember! Remember!

Nine:
Lamentations 3:21-23

I begin my morning prayer with this passage every day.

Ten:
I John 1:9

Forgiveness. 'Nuff said.

If you read this, love the Bible, and have a blog: consider yourself tagged.

No comments: