Saturday, September 20, 2008

I have been very bad at updating the Ramadan prayers!

Wednesday, September 17:
The Mazandarani Muslims of Iran

Thursday, September 18:
Aleppo, the Second Largest City in Syria

Friday, September 19:
Indonesia's Minangkabau Peoples

Saturday, September 20:
Murshidabad, India: The land of the Nawabs

And, because my Courage group meets tomorrow and I won't have time to update my blog--

Sunday, September 21
Islam in Dearborn, Michigan (my home city!)

Watch the video about Dearborn near the bottom of the page. It's so cool to see places in that video that I drive by quite often! If anyone reading this blog is ever in the Detroit area (Dearborn is a suburb of Detroit), drop me a line and I'll be happy to show you around and take you to the best Middle Eastern restaurants. Al Ameer, shown in the video is one of them. They bring you fresh pita bread right out of the oven...mmm, delicious! And the pickled turnips! My mouth is watering right now. In fact, there are two such restaurants within a five minute walk of my house. I think I'll go to one of them for dinner later!

No comments: