Saturday, June 12, 2010

I bought a book about saints, back in December.

It was on the clearance rack at Barnes and Noble. Occassionally, I'll pick it up and thumb through it. One day I might read through it, but not yet.

I was thumbing through it today, and came across what might be one of the reasons it was consigned to the clearance rack. In a section on the stigmata, it lists Blessed Lucy of Narnia as a stigmatist! I think the author meant Blessed Lucia of Narni. How funny!

If you're interested in the book, you can buy it at Amazon:

The Illustrated World Encyclopedia of Saints.


Blessed Lucia of Narni, pray for us!

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Woodrow, thanks for sharing this book. I will look into it. I've not heard of her before. Hope all is well.

Charles Woodrow said...

Esther, you're welcome. I'm sure there are much better books about saints, but if it's cheap and available, I say, "Go for it!"