Sunday, August 3, 2014

Desire of the Everlasting Hills

What a movie! It moves me to pursue chastity ever more faithfully. Honestly, I don't do a very good job of that. I have slacked off terribly in recent years, and allowed lust to master me. One day I hope to be as faithful as Paul, Dan, and Rilene. May it be soon! May God have mercy on me, a sinner, and, through the intercession of St. Joseph the Betrothed, St. Joseph the All-Comely, St. Charles Lwanga, St. Mary of Egypt, St. Augustine of Hippo, and all the saints, may He grant me the grace to live a chaste and celibate life in peace and happiness. And do you, my reading public, also pray for me.


'Desire of the Everlasting Hills is a very well-made documentary, produced by Courage, about the lives of 3 people who experience sexual attractions towards their own sex, and who are seeking to live out Catholic Church teaching on homosexuality in obedience to Jesus Christ. They begin by telling of their early experiences of their sexuality, and tell how they began to live in their twenties and beyond. They discuss what their views on religion were, how they felt about God, their partners, etc. How they began to recognize that their lives were unfulfilling, and how they began to seek peace and answers to their questions in the Catholic Church. Each of them had experience with the Catholic Church, each left, and each came back to Her. Their stories are compelling, and certain of each of their experiences resonate with me. I want to write about this, but I don't have time right now. So let me provide the link, and encourage those who have not yet seen it to do so. It's a little over an hour, and can be viewed for free online.


Desire of the Everlasting Hills



No comments: